Wagyu Beef Sweet Italian Sausage, Tomato, and Pesto Puff Pastrie.
You can cook Wagyu Beef Sweet Italian Sausage, Tomato, and Pesto Puff Pastrie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wagyu Beef Sweet Italian Sausage, Tomato, and Pesto Puff Pastrie
- Prepare 1 PACKAGE of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Beef Sweet Italian Sausage (ground).
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 CUP of Grated Mozzarella Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet Onion (julienned).
- You need 1/2 CUP of Basil Pesto (from a jar or homemade).
- It’s 2 of Heirloom Tomatoes (sliced thin and then each slice cut in half).
- Prepare 1 PACKAGE of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets (thawed in the refrigerator).
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 TBSP of Water.
- Prepare of Kosher Salt (to season).
- Prepare of Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to season).
Wagyu Beef Sweet Italian Sausage, Tomato, and Pesto Puff Pastrie step by step
- PREPARING THE WAGYU BEEF SAUSAGE AND ONIONS In a large stainless steel saute pan, heat the grapeseed oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the julienned sweet onion, and saute. Once the onions are translucent, push them to the side of the pan. Then, add in the Wagyu beef sweet Italian sausage in small pieces. Once the sausage is in the pan, break up the pieces with a wooden spoon..
- Once the Wagyu beef sausage is cooked through, mix the sausage together with the onions. Cook for 2 minutes longer. Transfer the onion and sausage mixture to a bowl, and place it in the refrigerator to cool. Once cooled, mix in the shredded mozzarella cheese. Taste for seasoning, and season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper..
- PREPARING THE PASTRIES Pull one sheet of the puff pastry from the refrigerator. Place the pastry on a flat surface, and roll it out slightly (lengthwise) with a rolling pin. This will warm the dough up a little and make it easier to work with. Cut the dough in half lengthwise, and then into thirds widthwise. You will have 6 dough rectangles. Pull the other dough sheet from the refrigerator, and repeat the process. You will now have 12 dough rectangles total..
- Make an egg wash by beating together one egg and one tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Brush the egg wash on the surface of one rectangle. Using a pairing knife or pizza cutter, start from the top left – a half inch from the edges – and cut a backwards 7. Then, you will make a cut starting from the top right corner – a half inch from the edges – and cut down and to the left, making a backwards L. Fold the top left corner down to the bottom right, attaching it to the corner of the inner r.
- Next, you will fold the bottom right corner up to the left and press is into the corner of the inner rectangle. This will give you a diamond shape with looped edges. Egg wash the surface of the assembled pastry, and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat the process with the remaining dough rectangles. If the dough feels too warm, place it in the freezer to chill. This will make it easier to assemble..
- FINAL STEPS Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread 2 tablespoons of pesto inside the pastry on the inner “diamond” area. Place 2 slices of tomato on the pastry, overlapping them slightly. Then top the pastry with a 1/4 cup of the Wagyu beef sausage, onion, and cheese mixture. Repeat the process with the remaining pastries. Bake the puff pastries for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot, and enjoy!.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!