Veal round recipe. A veal round is perfect for any occasion. If you cook it right, this meal is a homerun, from family Still don't know what to cook for your next dinner party? Give this healthy and tasty recipe a try, you will.
With this delicious recipe for stuffed veal round, you will have a perfect dish for any day. Veal recipes include recipes using cutlets, chops, and roasts. Veal marsala, veal and mushrooms, veal Veal Parmesan Recipes. You can have Veal round recipe using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Veal round recipe
- Prepare 4.5 of lbs. veal round.
- Prepare 2 of large onions.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of red wine.
- You need of Water.
- You need of Salt to taste.
Chicken parm is one of the most beloved Italian-American dishes. This calls for veal round steak, but I can usually only find the more expensive veal scallopine here. This recipe came from "Classic International Recipes". It states that it derives from Switzerland.
Veal round recipe instructions
- Dip the round in olive oil and brown it on all sides in a casserole. Remove from the heat, and leave it to the side..
- In the same casserole where you browned the meat, pour the 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and add the onions and peeled, sliced carrots. Sauté them until they are browned..
- Add the 1 ½ cups of red wine and the bay leaf, add the round back in and add enough water to cover the meat. Cover the casserole and when it starts to boil again, lower the heat and let it simmer for an hour and a half. Turn the round from time to time so it cooks through on all sides..
- Set the round aside on a separate plate, and in a bowl, add the sauce from the vegetables and blend with a hand-held blender until it reduces..
- To serve, cut it into thin slices and pour the sauce over the meat..
- Drizzle with oil as a final touch..
The Best Ground Veal Recipes on Yummly This search takes into account your taste preferences. Home Recipes Top Round Veal Stir-Fry with Broccoli and Cauliflower. Treat yourself tonight by whipping up a takeout favorite from the comfort of your own kitchen. Because it's so low in fat, all cuts are cooked at low temperatures or with moist-heat methods to prevent them from drying out.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!