Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pão de queijo) 🇧🇷.
You can cook Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pão de queijo) 🇧🇷 using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pão de queijo) 🇧🇷
- You need 500 g of Tapioca starch (the fine and light kind).
- You need 5 g of salt.
- You need 60 g of unsalted butter.
- It’s 60 ml of vegetable oil.
- It’s 250 ml of full fat milk.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 150 g of grated medium cheddar.
- It’s 150 g of parmesan cheese or similar.
Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pão de queijo) 🇧🇷 instructions
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, oil and butter to boiling point. Take off from the heat and set aside..
- In a large bowl, mix the tapioca starch and the salt. Pour the milk bit by bit, mixing with a wooden spoon..
- Add the eggs and knead with your hands until it's incorporated. The dough should not be hot, only warm to the touch..
- Add the cheese and keep kneading until the dough is soft and not sticky..
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees..
- Make little balls, around 30/34 grams each..
- Place in a tray, around 1 cm apart for them to expand while cooking..
- Leave them to cook for around 20 minutes or until they are light brown..
- If you want, after making the balls, you can freeze them. They will cook straight away from the freezer. To freeze: Place them on a tray, apart, so they don't stick together, it is hard to separate them once they are frozen. Cover with cling film and leave to freeze for at least 12 hrs. Once they are frozen, you can transfer them to a container, they won't stick anymore at this point. The cheese bread lasts up to 3 months in a sealed container, in the freezer..
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!