Lemon-flavored oil recipe. The best lemon olive oil is made by including lemon with the olives when the olives are cold-pressed for their oil. Most commercial lemon-infused olive oils Lemon-infused olive oil is fabulous to use in a salad dressing but is also nice to have on hand to simply drizzle over grilled vegetables, chicken, or fish. In this section I will teach you how to flavor extra virgin olive oils.
The yellow bit, not the white pith underneath. Keep in a cool, dark place so it retains all its flavour. We recommend you serve this recipe with Meatballs which is also made using Olive Oils. You can cook Lemon-flavored oil recipe using 2 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon-flavored oil recipe
- You need of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- It’s 2 of lemons.
A delicious condiment bursting with the summery flavors of fresh basil and lemon. Use this Lemon Basil Oil for dipping crusty bread or drizzle it over tomatoes, salads, grilled chicken, shrimp, veggies… Substitute the flavored oil for the plain olive oil in the master recipe and toss with the vegetables and salt and pepper before roasting. Once the vegetables are on the baking sheet, pick out and discard the lemon zest. Peel the lemons with a peeler, making sure to avoid the white pith, which would make the oil bitter.
Lemon-flavored oil recipe instructions
- Remove the peel from the lemons with a sharp knife or peeler. The yellow bit, not the white pith underneath. Just the peel..
- Plunge the peel into boiling water for a couple of minutes to blanch it and remove any bitter taste..
- Put the peel in a glass jar and fill with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, then simmer the jar in abain marie for 2 hours so the flavours gently infuse. Leave to rest for at least 24 hours. Patience!.
- The next day, strain the oil to remove any peel..
- Pour the oil into a clean, dry bottle..
- Keep in a cool, dark place so it retains all its flavour..
Add the peels to a medium pot filled with the olive oil and stir. Looking for unique recipes using lemon extract and oil? This is an old recipe that my grandmother always made. It goes great with coffee and is quick and easy to make. Light lemon flavor that can be accompanied with a lemon glaze if desired.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!