Lemon cupcakes. An easy recipe for homemade lemon cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Sunshine sweet homemade lemon cupcakes are soft and moist, bursting with lemon flavor, and topped with my favorite vanilla. These are my favorite lemon cupcakes.
When life gives you lemons, make a big batch of lemon cupcakes!! These are one of my favorite cupcake recipes, I love the fluffy, moist crumb with that. Lemon cupcakes are delicious, a perfect treat for the summer. You can cook Lemon cupcakes using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon cupcakes
- It’s 7/8 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 7/8 cup of cane sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of yeast.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- Prepare 3 oz. of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 cup of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of agave syrup.
- It’s of Lime zest.
- Prepare of Lemon zest.
They pair will with both fluffy, buttercream frostings and delicate, glaze icing. These lemon cupcakes are bursting with lemon flavor! To turn it into a lemony cupcake, I load the batter up with lemon zest and give the cupcakes a big swirl of lemon buttercream frosting. Lemon Cupcakes are the ultimate dessert for lemon lovers.
Lemon cupcakes step by step
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF. In a bowl, mix the lemon zest, the whole wheat flour, the yeast, the cane sugar and the salt. In another bowl, mix together the beaten eggs, the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, the yogurt and the lemon juice..
- Make a mound of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients on top, mix until you get a soft dough. Pour the batter into the cupcake molds and bake from 20 to 25 minutes..
- For the frosting, mix the cream cheese at room temperature and the agave syrup together in a bowl with a hand-held mixer until it emulsifies..
- Decorate the cupcakes with the pastry tube and top it off with lemon and lime zest..
These easy to make treats are bursting with lemon flavor, with the most perfect lemon buttercream frosting. To make your cupcakes as lemony as possible, it's important to use both the juice and zest of fresh lemons. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl and mix well. Easy homemade Lemon Cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting have the perfect balance of sweet and tanginess and are perfect for spring, Easter, or Mother's Day! These light, lemony cupcakes, made from scratch, have a fluffy whipped cream icing.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!