Kale Soup with Potatoes and Sausage.
You can cook Kale Soup with Potatoes and Sausage using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kale Soup with Potatoes and Sausage
- You need 1 pound of linguiça or uncured Spanish chorizo, cut across into 1/8-inch-thick slices (Contributor’s Note: Nearly any kind of sausage will work, although I wouldn’t use breakfast sausage.).
- Prepare 1 of large onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced.
- You need 2 of large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 heads of kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped (about 6 cups).
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- It’s of Freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 of plum tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice.
Kale Soup with Potatoes and Sausage step by step
- Place the sausage in a large pot over medium-low heat and cook until it begins to render its fat, about 2 minutes. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and potatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add the kale and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes longer..
- Stir in the chicken broth, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Season with pepper. Stir in the tomatoes and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Divide among 4 bowls and serve..
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!