Torrijas (French toast). Slice the baguettes in centimetre slices or, if you wish, you can buy specialty bread for torrijas. Do not use freshly baked baguettes, but ones that are a few days old. This humble custard pastry is Spain's version of "French" toast.
Spanish French toast, torrijas, is traditionally served during Easter, but there's really no reason why you shouldn't enjoy this. If French toast and churros had a baby, Andorran torrijas would be it. They are sweet and fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside, and coated in a layer of cinnamon sugar. You can have Torrijas (French toast) using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Torrijas (French toast)
- You need 1 kg of bread.
- Prepare 1 litre of milk.
- Prepare of Olive Oil from Spain.
- Prepare 2-3 of cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s of Sugar.
Sometimes called "Spanish French toast," this dish is traditional at Easter, but Perhaps the easiest way to describe torrijas, if you've never tried them, is that they are basically Spanish French toast. Torrijas, the world-famous Spanish style French toast traditionally eaten at Easter! Get this moist and delicious breakfast or dessert recipe made with bread, eggs, milk, cinnamon and sugar. Receta de Torrijas – Torrijas – Spanish Style French Toast Recipe.
Torrijas (French toast) step by step
- Slice the baguettes in centimetre slices or, if you wish, you can buy specialty bread for torrijas. Do not use freshly baked baguettes, but ones that are a few days old..
- Once you have cut the bread slices for the torrijas, put the milk on to boil, adding the cinnamon sticks and sugar.Then leave the milk to cool..
- Dunk the bread slices into the milk, once it has cooled down..
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, and dip the soaked bread slices into it. Once the bread slices are covered with egg, fry them in a pan with lots of Olive Oil from Spain..
- Sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon over the cooked torrijas to give them extra flavour; alternatively, dip them into a mix of sugar and cinnamon..
Torrijas, a traditional Spanish dessert similar to French toast, are very popular during the Easter season in Spain. Torrijas & Semana Santa, Torrijas & Easter. Torrijas are the spanish version of French Toast. Slices of Bread soaked in milk, egg-coated and fried. How to Make Torrijas: Spanish Sweet Toast.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!