Pie crust recipe. This flaky pie crust recipe walks you through every step for the perfect pie. Use all butter or a combo of butter and shortening. Plus learn how to blind-bake a pie crust.
After the ice water is added, let's chill it. Here are the steps Here's my all time favorite pie crust recipe! Double it if you plan on making a lattice top or decorative edge. You can have Pie crust recipe using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pie crust recipe
- You need of Two-thirds cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- You need 2 of and a half cups flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- You need 8 tablespoons of water.
You can make this in the food processor or. This recipe uses vinegar and cornstarch. I have tried several pie crust recipes, but they just did not turn out right. So I changed the quantities and added.
Pie crust recipe instructions
- Mix the salt, flour and baking powder in a bowl together with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain..
- Add the vinegar and the water and mix to create a ball-shaped dough..
- Wrap the dough in cling film (you can also put it in a Tupperware) and stick it in the refrigerator for an hour..
- Once that time has passed, roll out the dough with a rolling pin..
- Carefully place the dough in a pie dish and that's the hard work done!.
- Put it in the oven according to the instructions of whichever pie recipe you are using..
My go-to pie crust I've been loyal to for more years than I can remember, a classic pie crust also known as shortcrust pastry. Flaky and easy with a dough that comes together in. Our favorite butter pie crust recipe that makes consistent flaky pie dough every time. Jump to the full Pie Crust Recipe. Or, watch our quick, straight-forward recipe video showing you how we make it.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!