You can have Eggs Benedict using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggs Benedict
- Prepare of Ingredients for the eggs:.
- You need 2 of farm fresh eggs.
- Prepare 4 of English muffins.
- It’s 4 of thick slabs of bacon.
- Prepare of Ingredients for the Hollandaise sauce:.
- It’s of Juice of one lemon.
- It’s 2 of egg yolks.
- It’s 1 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- You need of Orange zest.
- You need of Minced fine herbs (according to your preference): dill, chives, tarragon.
Eggs Benedict instructions
- Try making the Hollandaise sauce from scratch so it is a bit healthier. To do so, create a double boiler by boiling some water and placing another bowl above the boiling pot. Add 2 egg yolks, the lemon juice and the orange zest. Mix it for approximately 3 minutes until the mix acquires a creamy texture. Slowly add in one cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Season with salt, dill, chives and tarragon..
- Then line a small bowl with saran wrap and brush it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Add the egg, salt and close the packet. Submerge it in boiling water for 3 minutes..
- Another option is to cook the eggs in a strainer to remove the excess water. Let cook for 3 minutes in water, which has been brought to its boiling point, but with the heat off so they do not break apart..
- Cook the bacon on both sides in a pan without oil. Toast the bread in a toaster..
- Assemble the egg and bacon on top of the bread. To finish, cover with the Hollandaise sauce, garnish with a sprig of dill and you can accompany it with a salad with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain to give it a special touch..
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!