Roasted pork and squash ragout. Great recipe for Roasted pork and squash ragout. This recipe is a great example of enjoying meat in a healthy way. Roasted in the oven with Place the pork tenderloin in an oven-safe pan and brush it with the marinade.
Roasted pork with squash ragout is a good and healthy way to enjoy meat. It's the perfect plate for those winter weekends. The word ragout comes from the verb ragoûter, which means "to waken the senses" in French. You can cook Roasted pork and squash ragout using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted pork and squash ragout
- You need 3.25 lb of pork tenderloin.
- Prepare 2 of grated cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of oregano.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh tarragon.
- You need of The zest of 1 orange.
- You need 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- It’s of Salt and black pepper to taste.
- You need of Ingredients for the marinade:.
- It’s 1 of small squash, cut into cubes.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated cured cheese.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of Cornicabra Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 5 of sage leaves.
With a name like that, you can imagine how tasty the dish is. Place pork fatty side down in the middle of the pan. Drizzle the pork roast with olive oil, then top it evenly with brown sugar and spices. Pork and apples is a classic combo for a reason — but the squash just kicks things up a notch here, and helps pull in more of that beautiful autumn color and.
Roasted pork and squash ragout step by step
- Mix the half cup of Cornicabra Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, salt, grated garlic, oregano, lemon juice, orange juice, fresh tarragon, pepper and orange zest together in a bowl..
- Place the pork tenderloin in an oven-safe pan and brush it with the marinade..
- With the fatty part facing up, bake in a preheated oven at 425ºF for 15 minutes..
- After 30 minutes, baste with the marinade and lower the temperature to 375ºF..
- After 45 minutes, brush the pork again with the marinade to increase its moisture and flavor..
- Keep it in the oven for another 15 minutes (one hour total), and then let it rest for at least 20 minutes before cutting..
- Put the squash, a dash of salt and 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in an oven-safe pan. Pre-heat oven to 355ºF and roast it for 30 minutes..
- Pour 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain into a pan and sauté the onion until it is translucent. Add the squash and sage. Cook for an additional 10 minutes and add the grated cured cheese. Serve with the sliced pork..
I roasted the squash, added scallions, and sauteed the pork chops. A bit sweet for me, but my husband enjoyed it. I'd add some heat and counter the honey with more mustard next time. The skin will be browned and blistered. Remove the squash from the oven and While the cream is reducing remove the roasted squash from its shell and puree until smooth in a food processor.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!