Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream. Great recipe for Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream. Whatever the reason, when cooked properly fennel is a crunchy, sweet, and utterly delicious addition to a dish. In this recipe, fennel co-stars with Italian sausage to create a satisfying bowl of pasta. #savory.
A splash of cream is the secret to achieving an indulgent, delicious pasta sauce on a weeknight. Didn't have Italian sausage so sub with just cumberland sausage and add chilli powder to give a nice hot kick. When pureeing fennel one day, I realized its velvety texture would make for a creamy, delicious pasta sauce—without all the guilt. You can cook Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream
- You need 5 of Italian sausages, casings removed and cut into 1/4 in rounds.
- Prepare 16 oz of dry pasta (ideally penne, but I only had linguine).
- You need 1 of bulb fennel, chopped (reserve the fronds for garnish).
- You need 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
Stir in reserved cooking liquid, cream cheese, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Sausage Pasta with Cajun Cream Sauce. Sausage pasta recipe requires only five simple ingredients – sweet Italian sausage, marinara, cream cheese, spinach, and penne pasta. Also pick between a sweet (mild) version or spicy, depending on your preference.
Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream instructions
- Put a large pot of salted water on high heat. Put a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add the Italian sausages to the pan (no oil needed, they'll release oil as they cook). Fry until the sausages start to brown. If your pot of water is boiling by this point, drop in the pasta..
- Add the fennel to the pan of sausages and fry for 2 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic and fry another 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and a couple of splashes of pasta cooking water and turn the heat down to low..
- Stir the butter into the sauce until it melts, then add the cream. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste..
- When the pasta is a minute from done, drag it into the pan of sauce. Toss everything together. Add pasta cooking water as needed to loosen the noodles. Serve with a garnish of the fennel fronds and freshly grated parmesan..
Both are flavored with fennel and garlic, but spicy Italian sausage has chile. Baked Pasta with Italian Sausage and Roasted VegetablesPosh Journal. These three words, when combined, might just be my favorite phrase ever. The tomato-based cream sauce provides a velvety backdrop to the sweet fennel sausage, and the pappardelle proves to be the perfect medium to deliver both right to your mouth. For a complex fennel flavor, we use diced fennel bulb, fennel fronds, and fennel seed.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!