Shrimp and avocado salad. Made with shrimp and the freshest ingredients – avocados, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and chopped jalapeño tossed with some freshly squeezed lime juice and a touch of olive oil. Best shrimp avocado salad I ever made! Eliminated pepper and still was wonderful.
Place chopped lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, and avocados, in a large salad bowl. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, juice. Makes for a perfect light lunch or side dish to serve a crowd. You can cook Shrimp and avocado salad using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp and avocado salad
- It’s 2 of ripe avocados.
- You need 20 of shrimp, cooked and peeled.
- It’s 1 of grapefruit cut into slices.
- It’s 1 bag of lettuce/mesclun.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- It’s of The juice of 2 limes.
- It’s of Zest of 1 lime.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced fresh mint.
- Prepare 1/2 of minced red pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of minced red onion.
- It’s of Salt to taste.
Creamy, zesty, tasty, filling, and a light and refreshing salad! This Shrimp and Avocado Salad is from my friend Gina's new cookbook, Skinnytaste Fast and Slow. A perfect appetizer from the Skinnytaste Fast and Slow Cookbook! A lovely baby shrimp and chive salad tucked into avocado halves.
Shrimp and avocado salad instructions
- To start, prepare the vinaigrette by combining ½ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, the lime zest, the lime juice and the salt in a bowl. Then, mix it together with a whisk and add the ½ minced red onion, ½ minced red pepper and a spoonful of minced fresh mint. Mix together and set aside..
- In another bowl, mix a bag of lettuce with 20 cooked shrimp and two peeled avocados. Once mixed together, dress with the vinaigrette you prepared..
- Serve in a salad bowl and decorate with cooked shrimp and the grapefruit slices..
The combination of flavors and textures – especially the creamy mayonnaise dressing spiked with Worcestershire and chili sauce – is sensational. This salad has shrimp combined with avocado and a Louis-style dressing. Bay shrimp and creamy avocado are a perfect match, especially with a crisp vinaigrette. Arrange the shrimp over the salad and drizzle the remaining citrus dressing on top. Scatter the toasted pumpkin seeds on top and serve right away.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!