Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa. While the vegetables are cooking, slice the scallions and sausages. Easy does it, and so does Sunbasket. In this speedy one-skillet supper, we cook Italian pork sausages with colorful veggies and finish with our spicy green harissa for deep flavor in a flash.
Fresh vegetable skewers paired with Italian sausages and our custom spicy green harissa create an easy breezy supper. They are nice and they look wonderful. Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa is something that I have loved my entire life. You can have Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- It’s 3 oz of shredded red or other cabbage.
- It’s 1 of zucchini or other summer squash.
- You need of (optional) 6 oz grape or cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about 1/4 lb each).
- You need 3 of scallions (green onions).
- It’s of Spicy green harissa, or salsa (to taste).
This sausage recipe has become a "Must have" in our fridge at all times! Try it and you'll see what we're talking about. We want to hear about your own. Italian Sausage, Onions and Peppers Skillet is a super-flavourful comfort food.
Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa instructions
- Peel the onion and cut into ½-inch pieces..
- Coarsely chop the cabbage..
- Cut the zucchini into ½-inch pieces..
- Cut the tomatoes in half. I personally don't care for warm tomatoes, so I skip these..
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired..
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sausages and cook, turning once, until browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board to rest. Do not clean the pan..
- In the same pan used for the sausages, stir in the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage begins to wilt and the zucchini starts to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the tomatoes start to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. While the vegetables cook, slice the sausages and scallions..
- Cut the sausages on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices..
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions for garnish..
- To the pan with the vegetables, stir in the sausages and cook until the sausages are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes..
- Transfer the sausages and vegetables to individual bowls or plates. Garnish with the scallions and as much green harissa as you like and serve..
It's an awesome meal for a busy weeknight dinner, weekend, or game-day party. Harissa originally hails from Tunisia and has become a cornerstone of many Tunisian, Israeli, Moroccan, Libyan, and Algerian dishes. Second, look for brands that list peppers as the first ingredient. Harissa can sometimes be cut with tomato product, and that's not what you want. This dish was originally made either with all vegetables, or with the addition of Italian sausage.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!