Caipirinha. Caipirinha (Portuguese pronunciation: [kajpiˈɾĩjɐ]) is Brazil's national cocktail, made with cachaça (sugarcane hard liquor), sugar, and lime. The drink is prepared by mixing the fruit and the sugar together, then adding the liquor. A caipirinha is a traditional Brazilian cocktail that is made with a mix of muddled limes, sugar Caipirinhas are one of those drinks that are amazingly simple and easy to make, yet many.
A Caipirinha is light and refreshing, with just enough bite to get you through. To know what a Caipirinha is, you must first know what cachaça is. For those not yet initiated, cachaça is a Brazilian. You can have Caipirinha using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caipirinha
- Prepare 2 oz of cachaca (pictured is the Brazilian brand… I guess you could use white rum or vodka).
- You need 1/2 of lime (cut into 4 wedges).
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar (more or less to taste).
- It’s 3/4 cup of ice.
A popular and refreshing drink, the caipirinha features Brazil's cachaça. The recipe is very simple, so grab a lime and some sugar, and mix it up. Enjoy a refreshing caipirinha at a summer barbecue or party. This classic cocktail is made with cachaça, lime and sugar.
Caipirinha step by step
- Muddle lime with sugar. Keep going until you beat that lime up real good lol.
- Top with ice, as much as you like (as the ice melts it will dilute the strong cachaca).
- Top with your alcohol, stir and enjoy on a hot day!!.
- Tip: you could muddle some raspberries or passion fruit is really good too. This is the traditional version..
Serve with fresh wedges of lime. How To Make The Best Caipirinha Recipe. Made with Cachaça, the refreshing Caipirinha it Brazil's national cocktail. The cocktail's exact origins are unknown, but it is a century old. As a Brazilian myself, I prepare Caipirinha in a slightly different way: the ingredients are still the same (although you can substitute.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!