Italian Doughnuts “Zeppole”.
You can cook Italian Doughnuts “Zeppole” using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Doughnuts “Zeppole”
- You need 2 1/2 cups of white Lilly flour (or cake flour).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ricotta.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s of Vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of powdered confectioners sugar.
- You need of Optional: honey and figs for garnish.
Italian Doughnuts “Zeppole” instructions
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix eggs, ricotta, buttermilk, and vanilla extract in another bowl until just blended..
- Combine the wet in the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. You should have a relatively stiff batter..
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a frying pan to 375°. WARNING: never leave hot oil unattended and wear protective clothing should it splatter on you and burn..
- Spoon a dollop of batter into the oil. If it’s hot enough you will see bubbles at the edges start to appear. Begin to fry one of the zeppole as a tester for the temperature of the oil. Once the right temperature is achieved begin to fry the rest of the Zeppoli..
- Fry 2-3 minutes on each side and turn when golden brown..
- Line a plate with paper towels to remove excess oil from frying..
- Dust Zeppole with powdered confectioners sugar using a sieve. Plate with figs and honey. Makes about 10-12 Zeppole..
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? TAG @EATING_MYSELF_ALIVE_ATL ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #EATINGMYSELFALIVE.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!