Masterchef Turkey Meatballs.
You can cook Masterchef Turkey Meatballs using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Masterchef Turkey Meatballs
- It’s 1 lb of ground Turkey meat, and try not to use the 99% fat free version.
- It’s 1 cup of Grana Padano cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 of spanish onion, 4-6 garlic cloves.
- Prepare of salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, balsamic vinegar and dried Italian parsley.
- You need of Extra virgin olive oil.
Masterchef Turkey Meatballs step by step
- Ground turkey is like a sponge so we wanted to get them tasting more like red meat. mix the 1lb of turkey meat in a large bowl with 1 cup of bread crumbs and the 1 cup of cheese. Mix thoroughly and add 1 table spoon of Worcestershire and Balsamic and the 4 eggs and mix. ! tea spoon each of salt, fresh ground pepper, cumin Add a tablespoon of the parsley and mix and let sit.
- In a saute pan add 1/2 of a spanish onion that's chopped well (not minced but close) to 2 table spoons of EVO. A dash of salt and pepper and over a medium high flame stir until brown and translucent. About 6 minutes add the minced garlic and stir for another minute.
- When the onion and garlic are finished add and mix well into the bowl with the turkey meat. Don't rinse out saute pan as we are going to brown in it. The next step is very important, making the turkey into the shape of balls. Lightly wet your hands and find a spoon or scoop to use to get even amounts to shape. GENTLY shape the balls without adding too much pressure. This will keep the balls soft and not rubbery.
- Add a bit more EVO to a sizzling hot saute pan and place the balls, leaving room in the pan to move them for browning their entire surface. Use tongs or a spoon but make sure you can move quickly as you want to brown and not burn. Lower the heat to medium and as you finish browning each ball, place them on a rack where they can wait until the oven.
- When all the balls are complete place them on a raised cookie rack and put into an oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. When finished you'll see how much oil gets released by doing it this way. I recommend placing them in a pot of sauce and let them soak in for as long as you can. My 5 qt pot handles about 15 meatballs that are about an inch and a half in diameter. My Nanny's Basil Marinara is perfect for these.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!