Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies). Snowball Cookies© This cookie has many names. Italian wedding, Mexican Wedding, even Russia Tea Cookies, etc, etc. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
The best vegan Italian wedding cookies recipe a.k.a. Christmas snowball cookies made with walnuts and hazelnuts then coated in fluffy powdered sugar just like a snowball. These little powdery cookies go by a few names, butterballs, snowballs or Italian Wedding Cookies. You can have Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies) using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies)
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of room temp butter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of finely chopped pecans(use your nut of choice).
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of powdered sugar for rolling.
Italian Funfetti Wedding Cookies or Snowballs are a delecate, buttery melt-in-your-mouth cookie, perfect for your Christmas cookie exchanges and gifts! Repeat to bake all the balls of dough. Once all the snowballs are coated and cooled, re-coat them all Known to us as Italian Wedding Cookies, these wonderful little cookies are also called Snowballs, Russian Tea Cakes and Mexican Wedding Cookies. Italian Wedding Cookies are lightly sweetened buttery shortbread cookies that have been rolled in powdered sugar and look like little snowballs.
Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies) step by step
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. But butter til light and add 2/3 cup powdered sugar. Beat well. Add nuts, salt, and vanilla and beat well..
- Add flour a cup at a time and mix until well combined. I use a small cookie scoop. Roll into 1-2 inch balls and place on parchment. Bake 15 minutes, no browning. Let cool a minute or two then roll in powdered sugar. Easy peasy..
These cookies are packed with finely ground almonds but they have many variations throughout the world. POPULAR cookies at parties, weddings or on a cookie tray. These are also the same cookies that our dear Meme calls butter balls. Yield is approximate as it depends on how large you form each. These traditional Italian cookies are served at many holidays and weddings in the old Italian neighborhood!
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!