You can cook Spanish Tortilla using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spanish Tortilla
- You need 10-12 of Eggs.
- It’s 8-10 of Potatoes.
- You need 2 of Large Red Bell Peppers (Paprikas).
- It’s 6 of Green Bell Peppers (small).
- It’s 1 of whole garlic.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Salt / Pepper.
Spanish Tortilla instructions
- Peel potatoes and cut into approx. 3cm x 3cm cubes..
- Coarsely cut the paprikas,.
- Green bell peppers,.
- And garlic..
- In large & deep frying pan, coat with olive oil and on medium heat cook potatoes only for 10 min..
- Coat the frying pan again with olive oil and pour the entire potato / egg mix back in. On low to medium heat, cook for 10 – 15 min. until the tortilla starts to firm up. The very top will still be a bit liquidy, but this is ok as you'll flip it below..
- Crack and mix all eggs in a large stainless steel bowl..
- Pour the entire potato mix into the egg bowl and mix so that all potatoes get covered. The hot potatoes will start cooking the egg mix, so work quickly..
- Add bell peppers & garlic, cook for another 10 min. until potatoes become soft. Stir often so mix won't burn and continue adding olive oil as needed. Salt & pepper as needed..
- This is the hard part. Place a large flat plate on top of the frying pan and flip the pan so that the tortilla transfers to the plate. Then slide the tortilla back into the pan to cook the bottom. You only get one chance! Cook for another 5 – 10 min..
- Remove from frying pan and let sit for at least 30 min. before eating. Can be served hot, or chilled in the fridge for a few hours. Can top it with mayonnaise or tomato sauce..
- See the video at: https://cookpad.com/recipe/4945843.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!