Italian Minestrone Soup with Pesto.
You can have Italian Minestrone Soup with Pesto using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Minestrone Soup with Pesto
- Prepare of Base Veggies – Onion, garlic, carrots, celery, cabbage slaw (or.
- Prepare can of Other Veggies – Sweet Potato, yellow potatoes, zucchini. You.
- You need of Seasonings – Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, Italian S.
- You need of Tomatoes – Diced (fire-roasted) tomatoes and tomato paste.
- It’s of Broth – Lower-sodium chicken broth.
- It’s of Pesto.
- Prepare of Pasta.
- You need of Parmesan.
Italian Minestrone Soup with Pesto step by step
- Sauté veggies. In a medium to large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add all the veggies (except the spinach) to the pot – the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, cabbage mix, sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, and zucchini. Add seasonings – salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and onion powder – and stir. Cook for 7-8 minutes, or until veggies become fragrant and start to soften..
- Add broth ingredients. Then add the diced tomatoes, tomato pasta, chicken broth, white beans, parmesan rind, and bay leaves. Bring to a bubbling simmer, and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, approximately 20-30 minutes. You may want to add additional salt and pepper here as well..
- Add pasta. When potatoes are just tender, add pasta, and continue to cook until the pasta is al dente..
- Serve. To serve, add some freshly grated parmesan cheese to individual bowls of soup, along with a dollop of pesto sauce (if desired). Enjoy with some crusty bread!.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!