Spanish rice with ground beef. Home Recipes Ingredients Meat & Poultry Beef. I don't know the origin of this recipe, but it's been in my family for a long time. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; crumble meat; drain.
Find easy to make food recipes spanish rice with ground beef. Spanish rice is turned into a hearty, one-pot main dish with the flavorful addition of lean ground beef. Stir in water, rice, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, chili powder, and garlic salt. You can have Spanish rice with ground beef using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish rice with ground beef
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef (deer or turkey).
- You need 1 of med onion chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can diced tomatoes w/liquid (I prefer the fire roasted).
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 cup of rice and 2 cups water.
- It’s of Chopped Green onions for garnish.
Spanish Rice With Ground BeefThe Tortilla Channel. Our flavorful Spanish rice is made with ground beef, rice, onion, chili sauce, bacon, sugar, and green bell pepper. Remove to paper towels to drain; set aside. Drain most of the bacon grease from skillet, leaving only a teaspoon or two.
Spanish rice with ground beef instructions
- In a 6 qt pot, brown beef with the onions..
- Add all seasonings and mix well, add tomatoes, rice and water..
- Bring to a boil for 3 minutes and turn down to simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed..
- Serve with chopped green onions, or put in your burrito or use your favorite hot sauce and enjoy..
Add ground beef to skillet; cook, breaking up, until browned. This Spanish Rice with Beef is so good, perfect to serve on its own or as a side dish and all in one pot! It's a rice dish made with ground beef, sautéed onions and garlic, rice cooked in chicken broth with diced tomatoes and perfectly spiced! Spanish rice can really mean different things to different people. While ground beef is browning cook Spanish rice according to directions on box using the can of tomatoes.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!