How to Cook Long Grain Rice – Brazilian-Style!.
You can cook How to Cook Long Grain Rice – Brazilian-Style! using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of How to Cook Long Grain Rice – Brazilian-Style!
- It’s 360 ml of Long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 3/10 of times as much amount as rice Water.
How to Cook Long Grain Rice – Brazilian-Style! instructions
- Lightly rinse the long grain rise and drain in a colander. This half colander and half bowl gadget in the picture is very handy. It's a Brazilian rice rinsing tool..
- Add the finely minced garlic and the olive oil to a pot. Turn the heat to very low and slowly sauté until fragrant..
- Add the rinsed rice and sauté over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spatula until it starts to feel a bit heavy..
- Pour in the water and add a pinch of salt and the bay leaf. Bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally..
- Once it comes to a boil, cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove the lid and taste a little to check the softness..
- If the water has evaporated but the rice is still tough, add a little water and continue cooking..
- Once the rice is cooked, stir it to let the air in and make it fluffy. Let it rest for a while before serving..
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!