A Brazilian Dish, Bobó de Camarão.
You can cook A Brazilian Dish, Bobó de Camarão using 19 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of A Brazilian Dish, Bobó de Camarão
- Prepare of Ingredients for the potato cream:.
- Prepare 3 of Onions.
- You need 3 of Ripe tomatoes.
- You need 1 of Green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Finely chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 500 grams of Mandioca potatoes or cassava roots (can be substituted with potatoes instead, refer to ＊ note).
- You need 200 ml of Olive oil.
- Prepare 500 ml of Coconut milk.
- It’s of Ingredients for the shrimp soup:.
- You need 600 grams of Regular-sized shrimp (or small size).
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Finely chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1 of Ripe tomato.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of Green bell pepper.
- Prepare 50 ml of Olive oil.
- It’s 500 ml of Coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of Dendê oil (palm oil).
A Brazilian Dish, Bobó de Camarão instructions
- Finely chop all the vegetables except for the potatoes. Peel the tomatoes by roasting them over gas flame (refer to Note 1), take the seeds out, and finely chop them..
- For the potato cream: Peel the potatoes, (cut into bite-sized pieces), then pulse in a food processor..
- The potatoes should look like this..
- Add the potatoes from Step 3 and the rest of the vegetables to a pot, and mix. Heat the pan over high heat, pour olive oil and coconut milk while stirring constantly..
- It will burn easily so stir continuously..
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, the color of the potato cream will turn yellow and it will become sticky. Hang in there, and continue mixing..
- Once the potato cream is slightly bubbly, simmer for another 10 minutes, while stirring constantly to prevent it from burning. The potato cream will become thick and sticky..
- How to make the shrimp soup: Pour olive oil and the garlic in a large deep pan and heat over high heat. Add the shrimp, vegetables, and salt, and heat until cooked through..
- Pour coconut milk into the pan from Step 8 in several batches, once it comes to a boil, continue simmering over high heat for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Add the potato cream from Step 7 to the shrimp soup from Step 9, combine well, and simmer for about 5 minutes while stirring constantly..
- Before turning off the heat, pour in the dendê oil, and give it a quick stir..
- Serve with long-grain rice (refer to Note 2). It will be delicious served with pimenta oil (Brazilian hot pepper oil), tabasco, or lemon juice, according to preference..
- Note 1: Refer to "Quick! Easy! Foolproof! How to Toast and Peel Tomatoes". Note 2: Refer to "How to cook long-grain rice". https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144101-how-to-cook-long-grain-rice-brazilian-style.
- Note: When making this dish with potatoes, the sauce will not thicken as much, so decrease the amount of coconut milk, and stir in a small amount of katakuriko dissolved in water, to thicken the sauce..
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!