Pastel – A Brazilian Dish Easily Made at Home.
You can have Pastel – A Brazilian Dish Easily Made at Home using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pastel – A Brazilian Dish Easily Made at Home
- It’s 300 grams of Ground beef.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic (finely chopped).
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 100 grams of Onions (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 small of Carrot (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Green olives (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Raisins (roughly chopped).
- You need 200 ml of Tomato sauce (or tomato purée).
- You need 1 tsp of Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of Soup stock granules.
- You need 2 of Boiled eggs.
- Prepare 1 of servings worth Bread dough (or pastry dough).
- You need 1 of yolk + 1 teapoon Beaten egg.
Pastel – A Brazilian Dish Easily Made at Home instructions
- Finely chop the onions, peel the carrot, and finely chop or use a cheese grater to grate the carrot..
- Heat the pan with olive oil, add the garlic, and once it's fragrant, add the ground beef. Lightly season with salt and pepper, and stir-fry until it becomes crumbly and it turns brown..
- Add the onions, carrot, chopped raisins, and green olives, and continue stir-frying..
- Pour in the tomato sauce and Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce, sprinkle in the soup stock granules, cumin, and oregano, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes..
- Transfer the filling into a bowl to let it cool down..
- Once the bread dough (or pastry dough) has finished the 1st rising, roll it out into 10 cm diameter circles..
- Put 1 tablespoon of the cooled filling and a thinly sliced boiled egg on top of each portion of bread dough..
- Fold the dough into half, seal the edges like you're making gyoza dumplings, and press a fork around the borders to seal them up tightly..
- Brush the surface of the dough with the beaten egg, bake in the oven preheated to 180°C for 15 minutes until nice and golden brown, and they're done..
- If you're able to find green olives stuffed with pimento, I strongly recommend you use them. You'll get much closer to the authentic taste!.
- You can also make them using either 2 wonton skins or 2 spring roll wrappers. Put the filling on the 1st sheet of wrapper as shown in the photo, and lay the other wrapper on top..
- This are Brazilian-style fried wontons – it's the same filling wrapped with wonton skins and then deep-fried..
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!