Italian Stuffed Peppers. Stuffed peppers take on an Italian feel with the help of Classico® Fresh Tomato & Basil Sauce, Italian sausage, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasonings. It's comfort food kicked up a notch. Italian Style Peppers Recipe is stuffed with ground beef, brown rice and peas.
Stuff bell peppers with a flavorful mixture of ground beef, rice, onions and Italian seasonings. Cooking the stuffed peppers in a slow cooker is not only convenient, the long cooking process improves the flavor of the filling.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen. These Italian Stuffed Peppers are a family favorite and I know they will be for you too! You can have Italian Stuffed Peppers using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Stuffed Peppers
- It’s 1 lb. of Ground Italian Sausage.
- Prepare 3-6 of Bell Peppers of any color.
- Prepare 1 of Yellow onion diced.
- It’s of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 (14 oz.) of can diced tomatoes drained.
- It’s 1 of Small can mushroom pieces and stems.
- You need of Brown rice cooked (portion depends on preference).
- You need of Shredded mozzarella.
- You need of Shredded Italian style cheese.
- It’s of Shredded parmesan.
- You need of Seasonings to taste.
With my tips and tricks, this will be an easy meal you adore. My kids absolutely love this stuffed pepper recipe. Our Italian Stuffed Peppers have a meaty stuffing bursting with classic Italian flavors, marinara sauce, and cheese all packaged up in a sweet bell pepper. Italian Vegan Stuffed PeppersConnoisseurus Veg. salt, bell peppers, vegan Worcestershire sauce, pepper, vegetable Italian-Style Stuffed Peppers with Spinach and MushroomsThis Wife Cooks.
Italian Stuffed Peppers instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut the bell peppers in halves and toss the guts in the trash. Brush each bell pepper on the outside with olive oil and roast in the oven just until they are wilted but still undercooked.
- While the bell peppers are roasting, saute the onion for about 3-4 min on medium high heat and then add the Italian sausage and cook until browned..
- Once sausage is browned, throw in the diced tomatoes and mushrooms and seasonings and let summer for about 6-7 minutes..
- Pull the peppers out of the oven and set aside. Mix the mozzarella and Italian style cheese into the mixture and cook until melted..
- At this point be sure that your rice is cooked according to package directions and ready..
- Once the cheese is melted take the saucepan off the heat. Using the rice, dish a proportional amount into each bell pepper for the bottom layer and then spoon the mixture into each pepper and top with freshly grated parmesan..
- Put the peppers back in the oven for 10 minutes, serve and then enjoy!.
My Italian Stuffed Peppers feature ground beef, rice and onions with marinara, Pecorino Romano, mozzarella and basil! Forget boring and bland — these are incredible! What to use for stuffing Italian cubanelle peppers? Unlike typical stuffed peppers which often How can an Italian stuffed pepper not have garlic? In case you're wondering if I forgot the garlic the.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!