Coxinha (Brazilian Home Cooking).
You can have Coxinha (Brazilian Home Cooking) using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coxinha (Brazilian Home Cooking)
- It’s 100 grams of Ground chicken.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1/4 of Yellow or green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of Tomato.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 large of Potato.
- Prepare 20 grams of Butter.
- You need 200 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Consommé stock granules.
- Prepare 100 grams of Flour.
- You need of For the coating:.
- It’s 1 of Plain flour.
- It’s 1 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 of Panko.
Coxinha (Brazilian Home Cooking) step by step
- Mince the vegetables and the garlic..
- Heat the garlic in a frying pan until fragrant. Add the onion and peppers and cook until tender (over medium heat)..
- Once tender, place the ground meat on the other side of the pan. Break it up and cook until crumbly..
- Add the tomato. Simmer until the liquid has reduced, then season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and divide into about 8 equal portions..
- Peel and chop the potato. Wrap in a moist paper towel and place in a silicone steamer. Microwave for 3 minutes at 600 W..
- Once a skewer can easily pass through the softened potatoes, mash until smooth..
- Place the butter, milk, and consomme in a large, heat-proof bowl and microwave for 3 minutes at 600 W..
- Once warmed, use a whisk to stir it. Add Step 6 and mix. Add the flour and mix until no longer lumpy..
- Lightly cover with plastic wrap and microwave at 600 W for 1 minute intervals, using cut-and-fold motions to mix between intervals until it forms a ball..
- Divide into 8 portions. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to cool. Since it will dry out easily, it's important to keep it wrapped..
- Wrap the potato mixture around the meat mixture from Step 4..
- Form into teardrop shapes..
- Cover with flour, then beaten egg, and then coat with panko, in that order..
- Deep-fry in 180°C oil until nicely browned..
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!