Brigadeiros (Brazilian Truffles).
You can cook Brigadeiros (Brazilian Truffles) using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brigadeiros (Brazilian Truffles)
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tbsp of butter to rub in your hands (you'll see later).
- You need 24 of mini muffin cups.
- You need 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped almonds to coat truffle (get creative, you can use any kind. Some people use sprinkles, coconut or cocoa powder).
Brigadeiros (Brazilian Truffles) step by step
- Put the cocoa powder into a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons of water. Mix really well until there are no more clumps. Set aside..
- Turn your stove top on to low/medium. In a nonstick small pot, add condensed milk, vanilla, 2 tablespoons of butter and the cocoa mix..
- Make sure you use a wooden spoon. Not sure why, but the brazilians say it must be wooden. Mix very well until creamy..
- Set your timer for 20 min, very important! You will be mixing constantly for 20 minutes straight scraping down the sides towards the end..
- They say the timing of this is very important. It will be about ready when you run your spoon down the middle of the pot and the mixture will separate and take a while to touch again. It will have the consistency of a thick caramel..
- When your timer is up, remove from heat and pour onto a glass plate. Chill in the fridge for atleast 30 min to harden..
- Chop your almonds in the meantime..
- Grab your mix from the fridge. Take the quarter tablespoon of butter and rub it into the palms of your hands and fingers until its dissolved. This is to prevent sticking. Take a teaspoon for measuring and slide it through the mix picking up enough to make the size of a very small ball. Like a whopper or any regular sized truffle. Roll in the palm of your hands to make a smooth, shiny ball..
- Roll into your almonds until well coated. Place into mini muffin cup and onto a platter. Chill for atleast 30 min before enjoying!.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!