Moqueca Brazilian Cuisine.
You can have Moqueca Brazilian Cuisine using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moqueca Brazilian Cuisine
- You need 4 fillets of Salted cod.
- You need 200 grams of Shrimp.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 2 of Tomato (or 1 can of tomatoes).
- You need 3 of Green pepper (or 1 paprika).
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 Green onions or scallions.
- You need 1 of thumb's worth Ginger.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Cilantro.
- It’s 250 ml of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Olive oil (preferably palm oil).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of White wine (optional).
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Katakuriko (or cornstarch).
- Prepare 1 of cube Soup stock cube.
Moqueca Brazilian Cuisine step by step
- Marinate the salted cod and shrimp in the mixture of cilantro, minced garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil, and let it rest in the refrigerator for more than 1 hour..
- Finely chop the ginger, green onions, onion, and green pepper. Heat the olive oil in a heavy pan and sauté the vegetables..
- Add the Step 1 ingredients, chopped tomatoes, white wine, and soup stock cube to the pan, and simmer them for 10-15 minutes..
- Pour in the coconut milk and continue to simmer, and season with salt and pepper. Add the katakuriko slurry (katakuriko dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water) to thicken at the end..
- Serve it over rice and enjoy! It tastes more authentic served with Brazilian rice..
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!