Fullblood Wagyu Italian Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Twists.
You can have Fullblood Wagyu Italian Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Twists using 29 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fullblood Wagyu Italian Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Twists
- You need 1 PACKAGE of Double 8 Cattle Company Sweet Italian Sausage.
- It’s 8 OZ of Sliced Pepperoni.
- It’s 1 LB of Mozzarella Cheese (shredded).
- Prepare of Grapeseed Oil.
- Prepare of Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste).
- Prepare of Pizza Sauce.
- It’s 2 CUP of Crushed Tomato.
- It’s 2/3 CUP of Sweet Onion (minced).
- It’s 1/2 CUP of Red Wine.
- It’s 4 of LARGE Garlic Cloves (minced).
- Prepare 2 TSP of Dried Basil (or 2 TBSP Fresh Basil).
- Prepare 1 TSP of Dried Oregano.
- You need 1 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of Pizza Dough.
- Prepare 4 CUP of Bread Flour (plus additional for rolling).
- You need 2 TSP of Sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 TSP of Instant Dry Yeast.
- It’s 2 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1 3/4 CUP of Water (temp: 90°F).
- Prepare 3 TBSP of Olive Oil.
- You need of Spicy Herb Dip.
- You need 3/4 CUP of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 3/4 CUP of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 of Lemon (juiced).
- It’s 3 TBSP of Chives (minced).
- It’s 1/4 CUP of Parsley (minced).
- Prepare 1 of Jalapeño (minced).
- You need 1 1/2 TSP of Sriracha Sauce.
Fullblood Wagyu Italian Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Twists instructions
- PREPARING THE SPICY HERB DIP Mix all ingredients (sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, minced chives, minced parsley, minced jalapeño, and sriracha sauce) together in a small bowl until combined.Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.Refrigerate until ready to use. This dip can be made up to 2 days in advance..
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU ITALIAN SAUSAGE Heat a large sauté pan on medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil. Add the Fullblood Wagyu sweet Italian sausage in small pieces to the pan. Break up the sausage with a wooden spoon into smaller pieces as it cooks. Once cooked, drain off the fat and allow the sausage to cool..
- PREPARING THE PIZZA SAUCE Heat a stainless steel pan on medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil to the pan. Add the minced sweet onion, and sauté until translucent with a little bit of caramelization. Deglaze the pan with the red wine. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any of the bits left on the bottom of the pan. Once the wine has reduced, add the crushed tomato, minced garlic, dried basil, dried oregano, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper..
- Let the ingredients come up to a simmer, and then drop the heat to low. Let it cook on low for 30 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.Once cooked, allow the sauce to cool. The sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance..
- PREPARING THE PIZZA DOUGH Combine the bread flour, sugar, instant dry yeast, and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer, and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and the oil. Mix with the dough hook until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour (1 tablespoon at a time) until the dough comes together in a solid ball. Grease a large bowl with olive oil, and add the dough to the bowl..
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, place it in a warm area, and let the dough double in size. This usually takes about 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes..
- PREPARING THE PIZZA TWISTS Roll out each piece of dough into a large rectangle that is 1/16 of an inch thick. Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on the surface of the dough, and sprinkle with half of the cheese (the other half of cheese will be used with the second piece of dough). On the bottom half of the rectangle, cover with pepperoni and cooked Fullblood Wagyu Italian sausage. Fold the top half of the dough rectangle over the bottom half..
- Use a rolling pin, roll over the folded dough in order to get the two layers to stick together well.Using a pizza cutter, cut one inch strips from top to bottom. Prepare two parchment-lined baking sheets, and heat the oven to 400°F.Twist each long, thin strip of filled dough. Be sure to hold each end carefully (so the toppings don’t fall out) and twist in opposite directions. Place the pizza twists on the baking sheets with one inch of space between each twist..
- Repeat the above steps with the second piece of dough until all pizza twists have been created..
- FINAL STEPS Bake the Fullblood Wagyu Italian sausage and pepperoni twists for 20 minutes or until they’re nice and golden brown. Serve the twists warm with the spicy herb dip. Enjoy!.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!