Galician style Octopus. Pulpo gallego, or Galician-style octopus, is a popular tapa (appetizer) served all over Spain today. It originated in the northwestern Spanish region of Galicia where octopus (pulpo in Spanish). This quick and rustic octopus dish is an incredibly delicious way of enjoying the taste, texture, and tradition of Galician octopus.
They'll absorb the octopus flavor, so that even the starchy bites deliver that same great Galician. Galician-Style Octopus or Pulpo a la Gallega is worth getting to know and mastering if you´re a true fan of this animal and, of Spain, of course. Moreover, the best version is the traditional one with. You can cook Galician style Octopus using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Galician style Octopus
- You need 1 of octopus (of about 4.4 lbs.).
- Prepare 1.1 of lbs. of potatoes.
- It’s of Sea salt (to taste).
- It’s of Spanish sweet or hot paprika (or a mixture of both, depending on your taste).
- Prepare 1 of tablespoon extra virgin olive oil from Spain.
- You need 6 of tbsp honey.
- Prepare 1 of large onion and water.
We show you how to prepare the Galician style Octopus. It is important to soften the octopus before you cook it. You can get it buying the octopus fresh and then freezing it, or buy it already frozen. Galician style octopus (polbo á feira in Galician, pulpo a la feria in Castilian, because it is typical in festivals, fairs, pilgrimages) is a traditional dish of the autonomous community of Galicia, Spain.
Galician style Octopus instructions
- It is important to soften the octopus before you cook it. You can get it buying the octopus fresh and then freezing it, or buy it already frozen..
- The day before, take the octopus out the freezer and leave it in the fridge to thaw..
- Fill a large pot with water, add a whole peeled onion, and bring to a boil for about 45-50 minutes over medium heat..
- While the octopus is boling, wash and peel the potatoes and then cut them in halves. Set aside..
- When the octopus is done, remove from the boiling water; place in a platter and let it cool. Add the potatoes to the boiling water and boil for about 15 minutes..
- Slice the octopus legs with scissors (about 1/2 of an inch wide slices), cut the head into small pieces..
- Serve on a wooden platter: place the potatoes on the bottom and the octopus on top..
- Add the sea salt, sprinkle the paprika, and add the olive oil. I also like to add a little bit of the cooking water..
Download stock pictures of Octopus galician style on Depositphotos Photo stock for. Royalty-free Images of Octopus galician style, Octopus galician style Stock Photos & Pictures. Pulpo a la gallega – Galician style octopus – takes us back many centuries, not because the The name in galician for pulpo a la gallega is "pulpo a feira" (fair style octopus) for a very simple reason. The octopus tentacles will curl up. Your Galician Octopus Style stock images are ready.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!