Coxinha (Brazilian Croquettes).
You can have Coxinha (Brazilian Croquettes) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coxinha (Brazilian Croquettes)
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- You need 200 grams of Chicken breast.
- It’s 1 of Tomato.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need of For the batter:.
- You need 7 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 100 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 100 ml of or 1 dash less Plain flour.
- It’s 1 of cube Consommé or beef bouillon cube.
- You need 1 of Egg white.
- It’s 1 of Panko.
Coxinha (Brazilian Croquettes) step by step
- Filling: Boil the chicken breast in salt water (add only a small amount of salt to the water). When the chicken is boiled, let it cool, and shred it apart. Discard the skin, but do not discard the boiling water. Set it aside for later use!.
- Leave the skin on the tomato and roughly chop. Finely mince the onion..
- Add vegetable oil to a frying pan, stir-fry the onion, add the shredded chicken breast and stir-fry. Add the tomato, stir-fry until all of the moisture has evaporated, and season with salt and pepper..
- Batter: Boil the potatoes, and finely mash them up..
- Add the milk and the consommé cube in a saucepan, and simmer over low heat to dissolve the consommé cube..
- Continue heating the saucepan over low heat, and stir while adding the flour in several batches. Once the mixture becomes firm, add the mashed potatoes in several batches. Pour in a small amount of the chicken breast boiling water, stirring consonantly to prevent it from burning..
- Once the batter comes together and stops sticking to the pan, the batter is ready..
- Once the batter is completely cooled, wrap the filling in it, and make a tear-drop shape. Coat it with the egg white, cover with panko, and deep-fry until golden brown. Be sure to deep fry at a high temperature!.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!