Chorizo and Chicken Paella.
You can have Chorizo and Chicken Paella using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chorizo and Chicken Paella
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of saffron threads.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 8 oz of chorizo sliced.
- Prepare 8 oz of chicken thighs cubed.
- Prepare 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 1 of red pepper diced.
- It’s 3 of gloves garlic minced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Arborio rice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tomato puree.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Fresh parsley chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
Chorizo and Chicken Paella step by step
- Heat chicken broth in small saucepan on low heat. Add saffron threads.
- In large 12-14inch cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add chorizo and chicken and remove when lightly browned.They should not be cooked through..
- Add onion, pepper, and garlic and sauté until soft. Stir in paprika, rice, and tomato purée.
- Strain chicken broth and add to pan. Add chorizo and chicken back to pan and stir once. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat until all of the liquid is dissolved and rice is tender (about 25min).
- To crispy (burnt) rice is desired, turn heat to high and cook for 2 min..
- Sprinkle frozen peas on top (optional).
- Remove from heat and cover with parchment paper. Let sit for 10 min.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!