Paella – Valencia Style.
You can have Paella – Valencia Style using 34 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paella – Valencia Style
- It’s 2 lbs of mild chorizo sausage small balls.
- Prepare 2 lbs of chicken cubed.
- It’s 2 lbs of prawns (or half and add clams or mussels).
- It’s 2 of red peppers, julienned.
- You need 1 cup of frozen pkg frozen peas, thawed (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of chick peas or 1 540 g can, drained and washed.
- Prepare 3 cups of rice (parboiled rice or a good Paella rice found in most gourmet shops).
- You need 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Prepare 5 g of Spanish saffron.
- You need of to taste Salt.
- You need 2 litres of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of bulb garlic, chopped fine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil (extra virgin oil like Gallo.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of fish sauce if you are not using a seafood broth.
- It’s of Tools.
- Prepare of Use cast iron or steel pan.
- You need of Wooden spoon to stir.
- You need of Paring knife (to remove garlic centre).
- Prepare of Sharp cutting knife or preferred chopping choice.
- It’s of Bowls.
- You need of Cutting board.
- It’s of Ingredients for 8 people.
- It’s 1 lb of chorizo sausage chopped or made into bite sized balls.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken cubed.
- You need 1 lb of prawns.
- Prepare 1 lb of clams or mussels.
- You need 1/2 cup of thawed frozen peas.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of rice.
- Prepare 1 sprig of rosemary.
- It’s 2.5 grams of saffron.
- Prepare of to taste Salt.
- Prepare 1 ltr of chicken or seafood broth.
- It’s 1 of bulb garlic.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of olive oil.
Paella – Valencia Style step by step
- HINT If you have people sensitive to garlic before mincing garlic, take the heart out which is the green piece in the middle of the clove. Briefly sauté garlic and julienned peppers in 1/2 of the oil. (Oil should generously cover the pan) For 5 minutes on medium heat. Add salt lightly, to taste. Remove peppers from pan and set aside. Leave garlic in pan..
- Sauté the chorizo sausage and the cubed chicken on medium heat for about 5 minutes, remember you are adding fresh ingredients to the pan so salt lightly for taste. Next add the rice. Saffron add 1 tsp of salt and the remaining oil. Sauté the ingredients in the pan for about 5 minutes. Even out the remaining ingredients in the pan and place the two sprigs of rosemary in the pan. Now you do not stir again..
- Add the warm chicken broth by using a ladle until the rice is covered in the pan. Do not dump the broth in as you want to keep the evenness of the rice on the bottom of the pan. Meat should peak out. Do not forget to add salt for taste. Scatter the chick peas evenly in the pan. Remember do not stir in. Let simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add shrimp and bite size seafood of choice along with peas and re add peppers, arrange the remaining ingredients so that no mixing is required (arrange it) Distributing evenly in pan..
- Cover with tinfoil and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until rice is cooked..
- HINTS – You can freeze the left over Paella but not for a long period of time. You could place in the oven to heat up. You can also re-fry the left over Paella in pan by adding some oil..
- You could buy the chorizo sausage from Cosco – kirklands and squeeze out of casing.
- You can find a paella seasoning and if you live in Vancouver BC it’s at the Gourmet Warehouse.
- Typical appetizer with this is melon or cantaloupe (bite size) wrapped in prosciutto.
- Spanish saffron has a shelf life of two years.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!