Tapas x 2: garlic and ham mushrooms & spicy prawns. Here is how you achieve that. In this simple tapas recipe, mushrooms are cooked with a mixture of olive oil, white wine, garlic, parsley and a hint of chilli. Enjoy as they are or serve with crusty bread.
They have evolved into an entire food group, a complete culture even, as folks meet at certain bars to nibble on whatever the locale's specialty is. Let's talk about that serrano ham today and what you can do to turn it into speedy Garlic and Serrano Ham Mushrooms. As soon as I saw the serrano ham I You get my drift, right? You can have Tapas x 2: garlic and ham mushrooms & spicy prawns using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tapas x 2: garlic and ham mushrooms & spicy prawns
- It’s of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 150 g of Spanish ham (jamon serrano).
- It’s 450 g of white button mushrooms, scrubbed and stems trimmed.
- You need 8 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Chopped fresh Italian parsley.
- It’s of Prawns.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 450 g of prawns, headless and easy-peel.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of smoky paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brandy.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- You need of Chopped fresh Italian parsley.
For more tapas ideas check out my Easy guide to Spanish Tapas. I had the mushrooms with a milk roll that I made the day. I used shiitake mushrooms and they were perfect for this recipe. I often make mushrooms in a wine sauce, but have previously always used red wine.
Tapas x 2: garlic and ham mushrooms & spicy prawns instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Lay the ham in a single layer on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until crisp. Let cool. Chop the ham into bite-sized pieces..
- Add a good glug of olive oil to a medium pan on medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and shallot and fry another 1 minute..
- Sprinkle the chili powder and paprika onto the mushrooms, and toss to coat. Add the chicken stock, cream, a pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Add the chopped ham, then turn the heat down to minimum while you cook the prawns..
- Add a good glug of olive oil to a second medium pan on medium-high heat. Add the tomato paste, garlic, and pepper flakes and let fry for 1 minute..
- Add the prawns (I don't peel them) and paprika to the pan. Toss to coat the prawns in the spicy oil. Add the brandy and lemon juice and simmer just until the prawns are uniformly pink. Add salt and pepper to taste. This entire step should take no more than 5 minutes..
- Toss chopped parsley into both pans, then plate the mushrooms and prawns in their own bowls. Sprinkle with more chopped parsley. Serve with crusty bread..
You won't be able to stop eating these hot, garlicky mushrooms. You can make this dish with white (button or crimini) mushrooms, but it is more interesting to mix it up with chestnut mushrooms, portobellini and others. Salt to taste. ½ cup dry white. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. A tapa (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈtapa]) is an appetizer or snack in Spanish cuisine.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!