Italian stuffed zucchini boats. This low-carb, Italian-inspired dish has so much going for it! It involves lean ground turkey, fresh veggies, and is topped with cheese and toasted bread. Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Sausage and Mozzarella.
Bake (uncovered this time) until the cheese is melty and bubbly. Try this twist on classic Mediterranean cooking with a delicious low-carb stuffed zucchini! Piled with Italian sausage, tomatoes and mushrooms, weeknight With freshly grated Parmesan cheese, these scrumptious, spicy Italian zucchini boats were full of melty cheesy, veggie goodness in just half an. You can have Italian stuffed zucchini boats using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian stuffed zucchini boats
- It’s 3 of medium, uniformly-sized zucchini.
- You need 1 (24 oz) of jar tomato basil marinara, divided.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb of ground turkey or Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of diced onion.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/3 of diced red bell pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped Italian parsley.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Italian herb seasoning.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flake.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shaved parmesan.
- You need 3 tablespoon of Italian Panko bread crumbs.
Look no further than these Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats! They're easy to make and so delectable that you probably won't even care what the main Divide the mixture among the zucchini shells. These Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats are filled with a hearty and flavorful spiced ground turkey, mushroom and marinara sauce mixture. Topped with melted mozzarella cheese for a healthy and easy to make dinner!
Italian stuffed zucchini boats instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Measure out 1 cup of the marinara sauce and set aside..
- Trim ends from zucchini and slice in half, lengthwise. Use the tip of a spoon to scrape out the zucchini flesh (see recipe note), chop it and set it aside. Place the scooped out zucchini boats into a 13"x 9" baking dish and add about 1" of water. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until just slightly fork-tender. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool slightly..
- Add olive oil to a 12" skillet and place over MEDIUM heat. Add turkey (or beef), onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet. Cook, stirring to break up the ground meat as it cooks. Continue to cook and stir until meat is thoroughly cooked and veggies have softened. Drain off as much grease as possible and return the skillet to the heat..
- Add the chopped zucchini flesh, mushrooms, remaining marinara in jar (reserve 1 cup for later), parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, fresh ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir well to combine. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and allow to simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes..
- Remove partially cooked zucchini from baking dish and pour off water. Pour the 1 cup of reserved marinara sauce into the empty baking dish and place zucchini boats on top of the sauce..
- Divide the filling between the zucchini boats. If you have extra filling, spoon it into the dish around the zucchini boats. Cover the dish with foil, and bake for 20 minutes, or until zucchini is fork tender. Remove dish from oven and set oven to BROIL..
- Remove foil and sprinkle zucchini boats with mozzarella, Parmesan and the panko bread crumbs. Place dish in oven, watching closely, and cook for just a couple of minutes until cheese has melted and bread crumbs are golden brown..
After last year's disappointing vegetable garden season, I wasn't even sure I wanted. But these Stuffed Italian Zucchini Boats actually dabble in both realms. Tender zucchini stuffed with a savory, pillowy blend of veggies, pork and spice. In my estimation, it's the best stuffed zucchini recipe. Keto Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe – This easy Italian sausage stuffed zucchini recipe (sausage stuffed zucchini boats) is healthy & delicious!
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!