Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding). Arroz con leche is one of the most traditional and popular Spanish desserts. Literally translated, arroz con leche means rice with milk, but it's actually a thick rice pudding that everyone makes a slightly different way. This classic arroz con leche recipe is served in households all over Spain.
Arroz con Leche is one of the world's favorite desserts. Citrus essences of orange and lemon are the hallmarks of this Spanish version and add to the This Arroz con Leche recipe is equally satisfying served warm after dinner or cold as a refreshing snack. Make rice pudding for your family tonight for. You can have Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding)
- Prepare 1/2 cup of arroz de grano corto (short grain rice).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of agua (water).
- It’s 1 of cascara de limon (lemon peel).
- Prepare 1 of rama de canela (cinnamon stick).
- You need 1 liter of leche (milk).
- Prepare 1 cup of azucar blanca (sugar).
- You need 1/4 tsp of sal (salt).
- It’s 1 of canela en polvo (powder cinnamon).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vainilla (vanilla) -OPTIONAL.
Arroz con leche is the Spanish version of Rice Pudding, but it is widely believed that this dish has origins in Moorish cuisine. This simple Spanish dessert is enjoyed throughout the Spanish peninsular as well as across the world, including South America and Asia. Rice Atole (Mexican Rice Pudding/Arroz Con Leche). Puerto Rican Arroz Con Leche (Rice With Milk).
Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding) instructions
- Place the rice, water, cinnamon stick and lemon peel in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat until rice is cooked..
- Then add the milk, salt and sugar. Stir often to keep from sticking to the bottpm of the pot..
- Cook until you get a creamier texture. When finished remove from pan and sprinkle the top with powder cinnamon..
- Variations: You can use sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk instead of regular milk, or u can mix them up, depending on the texture you wish to achieve..
Some say that Arroz con Leche descends from the Moorish occupation of Spain centuries ago, as may be evidenced by the traditionally Arabic mixture of cinnamon and rice. This creamy dessert may be savored warm or cold, though most Spanish establishments tend to serve arroz con leche straight. Arroz con leche is a Spanish version of rice pudding where the milk and rice are sweetened, cooked and flavored, creating a thick dish. The Spanish rice pudding is one of the easiest Spanish desserts and you will love it!! Here you will learn all about HOW TO MAKE ARROZ CON Where did arroz con leche originate?
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!