Italian style meatloaf no catchup needed !!!. Here is how you rack up. Italian style meatloaf no catchup needed. Watch and learn how Italy makes meatloaf!
I do tweak it one tiny bit. Instead of the diced tomato in the meatloaf I use a can of tomato soup with When doing this you need to form the loaf and cook it in a casserole dish that can accomodate the gravy around the loaf. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. You can have Italian style meatloaf no catchup needed !!! using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian style meatloaf no catchup needed !!!
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 1 of bell pepper chopped.
- It’s 2 pounds of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 can of stewed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 jar of Marinara sauce Classico or any other preferred brand.
Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. Meatloaf is one of those foods that either people love it or they hate it – there doesn't seem to be much middle ground. I grew up eating just the regular ol' classic meatloaf with the ketchup on top – I'm guessing many of y'all did, too? Rockin' Italian-Style Meatloaf recipe from the Food Network Star.
Italian style meatloaf no catchup needed !!! step by step
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- Optional step Sauté onions and bell pepper in a pan with butter, and a pinch of salt and pepper, set aside to let cool..
- In a large mixing bowl mix the, beef, egg, and bread crumbs together until well mixed..
- Open the can of stewed tomatoes and drain the juice into a cup, and set aside for later use.
- Remove tomatoes from the can and chop, then add to the mixing bowl and mix until well mixed.
- Then mix In chopped onions and bell peppers until well mixed.
- Add the sauce from the sewed tomatoes, until the mixture is as “wet” as is preferred. Note It should be like a wet sponge but not soaked..
- Wrap a deep sided barking pan in aluminum foil, and take a few table spoons (2 or 3) of the Marinara and lightly cover the foil..
- Place preferred loaf sized of meat loaf in the pan, then lightly cover the loaf(s) with the Marinara.
- Bake 30-45 minuets or until the meat has reached 165 degrees on the thickest part of the loafs..
- Personal note I use small personal loaf pans to shape small loafs so everyone gets their well loved slice end or middle, there is plenty to go around.
If you like meatloaf, you will surely love this recipe. I brought this meatloaf to an Italian pot luck at church. It's easy, very tasty and moist, without being too spicy. This Italian-Style Meatloaf has all the Italian flavors you love and enjoy with a delicious Garlic Tomato Sauce Italian-Style Meatloaf with Garlic Tomato Sauce. Obviously you can see here that we want the meatloaf to stand alone without the need for a sauce, so this one.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!