Italian wedding soup with meatballs. Classic Italian wedding soup is beloved for its simplicity and satisfaction. This turkey version is lean, while meatballs stay moist by simmering in broth. Start with the most flavorful broth you can get your hands on (homemade is ideal, but store-bought works well too), then pack the meatballs with flavor.
Also known as Italian wedding soup, chicken and escarole soup is an Italian-American classic. The addition of the little savory veal meatballs make this. Italian wedding soup is affectionately called minestra maritata or "married soup". You can have Italian wedding soup with meatballs using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian wedding soup with meatballs
- You need of For the meatballs:.
- It’s 500 gr of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of For the soup:.
- You need 1 of big onion.
- Prepare 2 of celery sticks.
- Prepare 1-2 of carrots.
- You need 1 l of diced tomatoes (canned of fresh).
- It’s 1 bunch of spinach.
- It’s 1 cup of small pasta.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of t.s. Italian seasoning.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper.
- Prepare 2 l of chicken broth.
It begins with a savory chicken stock base followed by add-ins like For a gourmet twist, homemade turkey meatballs are broiled to add texture and flavor. The smaller-sized portions perfectly nestle into the soup spoon. Italian Wedding Soup With MeatballsSerena Bakes Simply from Scratch. Serve your Italian wedding soup garnished with additional grated Parmesan, to taste.
Italian wedding soup with meatballs step by step
- Mix in a bowl bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt, garlic and egg. Add minced beef and mix with your hands. Heat oil in the large stockpot. Cook onion, carrot and celery simultaneously until onion starting to turn translucent. Add diced tomatoes. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add meatballs and boil at medium about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and simmer about 10 minutes..
- Add small pasta and cook 5-6 minutes. Mix in a bowl 2 eggs, grated Parmesan cheese. Add some pepper. Drizzle evenly across the top of he soup to create a thin layer. Cook about 2-3 minutes, then stir and switch heating off. Serve immediately..
- Video with my cooking of this soup https://youtu.be/AF4YyXkqysk?sub_confirmation=1.
Note: You can make the meatballs even smaller, if you like, but might Get washed up for dinner, get ready to tuck into a bowl of comfort food, and enjoy this easy recipe for Italian wedding soup with turkey meatballs. Italian Wedding Soup is simple, satisfying and beloved across the globe. This lighter, healthier version with turkey meatballs has plenty of garlic and parmesan cheese for flavor, with veggies taking the place of breadcrumbs and pasta. A super delicious, nutritious, gluten free, keto-friendly soup that you can. It's so filling and chock-full of veggies.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!