Acaraje (Dana Tough).
You can have Acaraje (Dana Tough) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Acaraje (Dana Tough)
- It’s of water.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of black eyed peas, soaked and rubbed to remove skins.
- You need of onion, minced.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- It’s of ground coriander.
- You need of ground cumin.
- It’s of ground caraway seeds.
Acaraje (Dana Tough) step by step
- Make a brine(1.5%) from the salt and water. Pour over the peas and spices. Cover and let it sit at room temperature until it begins to bubble, about 24 hours..
- Drain (saving the brine) and blend to a thick batter, thinning with a little brine if needed. Let sit at room temperature to ferment. Taste periodically; when it seems right, cook (next steps)..
- To cook: Beat (a lot) by hand or mixer, adding just a little water as needed until smooth and it forms peaks..
- Cook like pancakes in oil or deep fry..
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!