You can have Spanish Bread using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish Bread
- Prepare of Dough:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar, for yeast.
- It’s 2 tsp of active dry or instant yeast.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk, warm.
- You need 1 pc of medium-sized egg.
- It’s 1/3 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 3 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar, for dough.
- It’s of Filling:.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of condensed milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of fine bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose cream.
Spanish Bread instructions
- Preheat oven at 350F or 180C..
- Start by adding yeast into warm milk and allowing it to bloom for 10mins..
- Add egg and melted butter into the yeast mixture and whisk for a few seconds..
- Add flour, salt and sugar into the wet ingredients and mixed until it roughly formes a dough..
- Once workable, knead for 5-8 minutes until stretchy and smooth..
- Once kneaded, form onto a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let it proof for 1 hour or until doubled in size..
- To make the filling: combine butter, sugar, condensed milk, bread crumbs, flour and cream. Set aside..
- Once the dough has been proofed, punch out the gas from the dough and divide equally into 16 pieces, each formed to a ball..
- Flatten each ball lengthwise and fill with about 1 tbsp of the filling spread evenly thoughout the dough, but avoiding about half an inch of the sides..
- Carefully roll each dough, similarly rolling a cinammon roll. Pinch the seams and tuck the sides..
- Cover each piece with fine breadcrumbs and place into a pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and let it proof for another 30 mins..
- Once ready, bake for about 18-20 minutes or until browned..
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!