Brazilian Salpicao (Chicken Salad). Brazilian Chicken Salad—Salpicão de Frango—is a super popular dish in Brazil. This chicken salad recipe highlights chicken breasts with a few delicious veggies, tossed in a mayonnaise dressing and topped with potato sticks! Whether you're looking to make this for lunch or dinner.
The recipe is easy and you can do all the prep work ahead. Try this delicious chicken salad from Brazil with golden raisins, apple, carrots, and corn in a simple cream and mustard dressing. But tasted very good without it. You can have Brazilian Salpicao (Chicken Salad) using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brazilian Salpicao (Chicken Salad)
- Prepare of Salad.
- You need 1 kg of Cooked Chicken or Turkey.
- You need 2 cup of Apples, cut into small cubes.
- It’s 2 cup of Peas.
- It’s 1 cup of Red pepper.
- It’s 2 cup of Grated carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- You need 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1 of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
Will try again with all the ingredients. Brazilian Chicken Salad (Salpicao de Frango). Similar to Maionese, or Brazilian Potato Salad, this is another favorite dish of mine from Brazil, my husband's home country. Brazilian chicken salad (salpicao) is quickly made with shredded chicken, apples, carrots, raisins, mayo, and lime juice and served chilled topped with shoestring potatoes.
Brazilian Salpicao (Chicken Salad) step by step
- Boil the chicken meet until its fully cooked. I like using the pressure pan, so I only have to cook it for 15 min.
- Let the chicken cool and shred it. I use a fork for this step. But you can do it faster using a blender or food processor..
- If you are not using canned peas, you should cook it for at least 10 min, or until they are tender..
- Cut the red pepper into small cubes.
- Grate the carrots.
- Cut the apple into small cubes.
- Let everything cool and mix all together: chicken, carrots, red pepper, peas, apple and raisings.
- Prepare the sauce: mix yogurt, heavy whipping cream, black pepper and salt together.
- Add the sauce to the chicken mixture and the salpicao is ready!..
- In brazil we usually serve t with shoestring potatoes on top for a crunchy taste :).
Both my daughters will be finishing their classes by Friday. Salpicão is the Brazilian version of a chicken salad with numerous variations. Generally, it consists of a few key ingredients: cooked and shredded chicken, fruits, vegetables, and a binding agent, in this case – mayonnaise. The salad is traditionally topped with shoestring potatoes, while some cooks like. Brazilian Chicken Salad is a perfect dish to enjoy as a standalone.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!