Brazilian Pastel Dough. Add the oil, vinegar and the water (I use a mixer, but you can do it by hand, if you feel string enough:)). If the dough gets too thick, add water. Brazilian Pasteis With Chicken (Pastel Frito de Frango).
In Brazil, a pastel (plural: pastéis) is a typical fast-food dish, consisting of half-circle or rectangle-shaped thin crust pies with assorted fillings, fried in vegetable oil. Pastel is a traditional Brazilian snack (depending on its size it can be considered a meal) and it resembles an empanada. And the Shrimp Pastel is, im my opinion, the best of its kind! You can have Brazilian Pastel Dough using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brazilian Pastel Dough
- Prepare 3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of warm water.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil (soy,canola etc).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 of flour (to work the dough).
Pastel is a delicious snack that can be found on nearly every street corner throughout Brazil. And it's no surprise as people from Latin America's largest country can't get enough of this street food favorite. PASTEL aka Empanada, Brazilian Street Food Recipe! How to Make NEAPOLITAN PIZZA DOUGH like a World Best Pizza Chef.
Brazilian Pastel Dough instructions
- Mix the flour and salt.
- Add the oil, vinegar and the water (I use a mixer, but you can do it by hand, if you feel string enough 🙂 ).
- If the dough gets too thick, add water. If it gets too sticky add flour. A little sticky is good. The dough should be smooth and light..
- Spread flour to a working table and work on opening the dough using a dough roller.
- The dough should get as thin as possible. Try making it into long stripes about 4 inches wide.
- Stuff with chicken, meat, cheese, ham or whatever you want to add..
- Close the dough using a fork.
- Fry it in very hot oil for about 1 to 2 minutes. (I tend to bake it. Its not the original way of doing it, but its healthier and easier :), bake it for 3 to 5 minutes at 400F).
Pastel dough also includes vinegar and alcohol. These two ingredients add a light flavor to the The alcohol typically used in pastel dough is a Brazilian white sugar cane alcohol called Cachaça. RECIPE – Pastel Dough (Massa para Pastel). Like many distinctly-not-healthy fast foods, the Brazilian pastel varies tremendously in quality from location to location. Learn how to prepare this Brazilian Fried Beef Pastries (Pastel de Carne) recipe like a pro.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!