Spanish Omelette. Spanish omelette or Spanish tortilla is a traditional dish from Spain and one of the signature dishes in the Spanish cuisine. It is an omelette made with eggs and potatoes, optionally including onion. Tortilla de patatas or Spanish Omelette Recipe is an amazing egg recipe that can be cooked either for guests or yourself, it is a tasty egg recipe which can.
This Spanish omelette recipe is easy and delicious. Find more dinner inspiration at BBC Good Food. Spanish omelette is a classic Spanish dish that you can find ready made in any decent supermarket. You can cook Spanish Omelette using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish Omelette
- You need of Spanish Sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 large of Onion – Sliced.
- It’s 1 large of Green Bell Pepper – Sliced.
- You need 4 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 4 dash of Tabasco Sauce.
- It’s 2 each of 14.5 ounce cans Stewed Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of 15 ounce can Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare of Omelete.
- Prepare 3 large of Eggs – Per Person.
- It’s 1 tsp of Butter – for each omelete.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheese of choice or you can use sliced American Cheese (My favorite for this omelete).
- It’s 1 of Salt and Pepper to taste.
You can eat it warm or cold, bring it to a picnic, family gathering or a Spanish-themed party. Get ready to master the Spanish Omelette, aka Tortilla, with this easy-to-follow recipe. Spanish omelette – known in Spain as tortilla de patatas – is a Spanish classic for good reason. Spanish Omelette with a Mexican touch.
Spanish Omelette step by step
- If you're in a hurry, skip the omelets and just do a big ol' pan of scrambled eggs with cheese and serve the spanish sauce over the top!.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the 3 tablespoons butter. Add the sliced onions and peppers & stir fry for 3 minutes..
- Add the seasonings & stir fry for another 3 minutes..
- Add the stewed tomatoes & tomato sauce. With the back of a spoon gently break up the stewed tomatoes. Reduce heat and gently simmer until eggs are ready..
- To prepare omeletes – Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Crack 3 eggs in a bowl and scramble with a fork. Pour the scrambled eggs into the skillet. Using a spatula, as the eggs firm up, lift the edges and let the runny egg pour into the bottom of the pan. When you've done this all the way around & most of the runny egg is gone, gently flip over. Remove skillet from heat, add cheese to 1/2 of the omelette. Fold over in half and slide onto a plate..
- Ladle Spanish Sauce over the top of omelete and serve..
- This serves 6 – 8 people..
- This is my version of a Spanish Omelette… Feel free to upload your verion. :-).
Filled with potato, sauteed tomato, goat cheese, and a pinch of Mexican oregano. Also called a Tortilla Española or Torta de Patatas. According to my children, the Spanish Omelette is "The Best Omelette in The World". Made with egg, potato, onion and olive oil, enjoy hot or cold at any time of the day. The Omelette is one of the classics in Spanish cuisine.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!