Spanish rice. Spanish rice, also known as Mexican rice or red rice (Spanish: arroz rojo), is a Mexican side dish or an ingredient in other dishes made from white rice, tomatoes, garlic, onions, etc. The name Spanish rice is only used in the US; it does not originate in Spain. How To Make Homemade Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice.
Delicious white or brown rice simmered in a tomato sauce. Learn how to make Authentic Spanish Rice also known as Mexican Rice at home! The perfect side dish to go alongside beef, chicken or fish! You can have Spanish rice using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spanish rice
- Prepare 2 cup of white rice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of corn oil.
- Prepare 2 of roma tomatos.
- Prepare 1 of big clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 (1 slice) of onion.
- It’s 2 tsp of chicken bollion.
- You need 5 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mixed frozen veggies.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro.
My mother's Spanish rice (aka Mexican rice) is a mandatory accompaniment to any Mexican dish we serve at our house, whether it's with enchiladas or tostadas, or with steak and black beans. This classic Mexican-style Spanish Rice (also called arroz rojo) has all the crucial elements: tomato (in the form of tomato sauce), onion, garlic, and of course, rice. We opted for garlic powder for ease. FULL RECIPE BELOWSpanish rich is the perfect accompaniment to Mexican foods and makes for a wonderful side dish.
Spanish rice instructions
- In a large non stick fry pan or medium size soup pan add oil and rice, fry until golden brown..
- In a blender add all other ingredients except cilantro and mixed veggies, blend well..
- When rice is golden brown add blended mixture to rice, add cilantro and veggies and stir alittle..
- Place a plastic bag and lid on pan let boil. when boiling lower the temp to low and watch carefully. do not stir at all, if the rice obsorbs all liquid and still is not fully cooked add 1/2 cup at a time until fully cooked…
- When fully cooked fluff with fork before serving..
Learn to cook it with us! Easy Spanish Rice, also called Mexican Rice, that tastes just like your favorite restaurant side dish with with an Spanish Rice (Mexican Rice). Despite it being called "Spanish Rice", the name is only used in the United States. It is a common side dish used for Mexican food. It is made out of white rice, tomatoes, garlic, onions, and broth.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!