Wagyu Beef Hot Italian Sausage, Mushroom, and Leek Puff Pastry.
You can cook Wagyu Beef Hot Italian Sausage, Mushroom, and Leek Puff Pastry using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wagyu Beef Hot Italian Sausage, Mushroom, and Leek Puff Pastry
- Prepare 1 PACKAGE of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Hot Italian Sausage (ground).
- Prepare 1 PACKAGE of (2 PIECES/1.2 LB) Puff Pastry Dough (thawed).
- It’s 2 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil.
- It’s 3 of Leeks (cut into 1/4 inch coins, rinsed well, and dried on paper towels).
- You need 1 LB of Cremini Mushrooms (sliced thin).
- It’s 3 TBSP of Butter.
- You need 4 of Garlic Cloves (minced).
- It’s 4 OZ of Smoked Provolone Cheese (grated).
- Prepare 2 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 CUP of Dry Sherry or White Wine.
- It’s 4 OZ of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare of Egg Wash.
- You need 1 of Large Egg.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Water.
Wagyu Beef Hot Italian Sausage, Mushroom, and Leek Puff Pastry instructions
- PREPARING THE LEEK AND MUSHROOM MIXTURE In a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add in the leeks (cut into coins). Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the leeks are wilted and slightly browned. Add in the sliced mushrooms and dry sherry (or white wine). Cook, while stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until the wine has absorbed and mushroom are soft..
- Stir in the heavy cream and minced garlic. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the cream has thickened and it’s no longer soupy. Add in the kosher salt and black pepper. Transfer the mixture to a bowl..
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU BEEF HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE Heat the pan over medium-high heat, and add in 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil. Once heated, add in the ground hot Italian sausage. Use a wooden spoon to break up the ground sausage into smaller pieces. Once the sausage has cooked through, add it to the bowl with the leek and mushroom mixture. Place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour to cool. Once cooled, stir in the grated smoked Provolone cheese.Season with kosher salt and black pepper..
- Note: You can store the sausage, leek, and mushroom mixture for up to 2 days in the refrigerator..
- PREPARING THE PUFF PASTRY BRAID Preheat the oven to 375°F, and take the sausage, mushroom, and leek filling out of the refrigerator. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit your large rimmed baking sheet. Place the two pieces of thawed puff pastry (this ingredient can usually be found in the frozen foods section near the des-serts) on a lightly floured surface. Line up the edges of the two pieces to make one long piece..
- Roll over the seam (between the two pieces) with a rolling pin to seal. Then, roll the dough into a 17 inch by 12 inch rectangle.Place the pastry onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Add the sausage, mushroom, and leek filling to the pastry, making a vertical strip down the center. Make sure you leave 1 inch free at the top and bottom of the pastry, as well as 4 inches free on both sides of the filling. Use a small, sharp knife to cut diagonal lines towards the filling..
- End each cut when you reach the filling. These cuts should be about 1 inch apart and should run the full length of the pastry on both sides.Fold the strips of dough diagonally, alternating the left side and the right side, over the filling. Tuck the ends underneath. This will created a braided look (as the dough wraps around your filling). Place the puff pastry braid in the freezer for 30 minutes.NOTE: You can store the pastry for up to 1 week in the freezer if it is covered well with plastic..
- FINAL STEPS After 30 minutes, remove the puff pastry braid from the freezer. Make your egg wash by mixing up one large egg and one tablespoon of water.Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the top of the pastry with the egg wash. Bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes or until the pastry braid is puffed and golden brown. Let it cool for 10 minutes. Cut the puff pastry braid widthwise into thick slices.Serve warm, and enjoy!.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!