Easy Spanish Rice.
You can have Easy Spanish Rice using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Spanish Rice
- You need 2 cup of medium grain rice.
- It’s 3 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 C of salsa.
- You need 1 of yellow onion; small dice.
- Prepare 1 t of cumin.
- It’s 1 of tomato bouillon cube.
- It’s 1 pinch of kosher salt and black pepper.
- It’s as needed of vegetable oil.
Easy Spanish Rice step by step
- Heat water to a simmer in a seperate saucepot..
- Heat enough vegetable oil in to cover the bottom of a medium-large sauce pot. Add onions and cumin. Sweat until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add rice, salt, and pepper. Stir. Cook 1 minute..
- Add salsa. Stir..
- Add water. Bring to simmer. Cover and cook 20 minutes..
- Remove from heat. Leave covered to steam 5-10 minutes. Fluff.
- Variations; Tomato paste, tomato juice or puree, garlic, bacon fat, bell peppers, cilantro, saffron, chicken stock, peas, pigeon peas, coriander seed, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, corn, zucchini, sofrito, beer, tequila, bourbon, rum, thyme, Mexican oregano, jalapeños, habanero, paprika, smoked paprika, serrano, ancho chile, chipotle, poblano, celery, celery seed, ranchero salsa, tomatillo salsa, pico de gallo, vegetable stock, chicken stock, chicken bouillon, olive oil, black beans, pinto beans, red onion, shallot,.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!