Italian stuffed chicken breast. Italian-inspired stuffed chicken breasts are loaded with plenty of cheese and seasonings and baked with spaghetti sauce for a crowd-pleasing meal. Fill pounded chicken breast with a mixture of Italian cheeses, garlic, basil and oregano. Dip in egg and roll in Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
These Italian-style stuffed chicken breasts make for a simple and savory weeknight entree. Garnish with fresh rosemary, if desired. Our most trusted Italian Stuffed Chiken Breast recipes. You can have Italian stuffed chicken breast using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian stuffed chicken breast
- You need 1 c of shredded Italian cheese.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of Italian style bread crumbs.
- It’s 3 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 2 cups of marinara sauce.
- It’s of About 10 stalks kale.
- You need 1/4 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Italian Stuffed Chicken – chicken breasts rolled up with pesto, tomatoes, and cheese! Then baked until crispy and delicious, a great family dinner. This stuffed chicken breast recipe comes together pretty easily.
Italian stuffed chicken breast step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Remove kale from stems and chop into small pieces. Cook kale & onion in the olive oil until tender, adding salt and pepper to taste. Let cool..
- Mix 3/4 cup of Italian cheese, basil, oregano and kale in a small bowl. Add bread crumbs to a plate. Add egg to another plate and stir in a tiny bit of water..
- Cut one side of chicken breast horizontally to within one half inch of other side. Spread the two sides open like a book. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound to flatten. Fill each chicken breast with kale/cheese mixture and close like a book over filling. Coat the outside of each chicken breast with egg. Press both sides of each chicken breast into bread crumbs so outside is completely coated. Arrange chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish..
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear, about 45 mins..
- Remove chicken from oven and pour marinara sauce over cooked chicken. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes..
- All done! Serve with pasta and garlic bread..
Chicken breasts you get in the store are so big these days. So I like to butterfly them. An easy to make stuffed chicken breast recipe, Italian style. The breast is stuffed with cheese, breaded and baked in tomato sauce. This chicken recipe is for a single serving but can easily be scaled to feed as many as you wish.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!