Spanish rice. Spanish rice, also known as Mexican rice or red rice (Spanish: arroz rojo), is a Mexican side dish or an ingredient in other dishes made from white rice, tomatoes, garlic, onions, etc. The name Spanish rice is only used in the US; it does not originate in Spain. How To Make Homemade Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice.
Delicious white or brown rice simmered in a tomato sauce. Learn how to make Authentic Spanish Rice also known as Mexican Rice at home! The perfect side dish to go alongside beef, chicken or fish! You can have Spanish rice using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish rice
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of onions.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of uncooked rice.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of salsa.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
My mother's Spanish rice (aka Mexican rice) is a mandatory accompaniment to any Mexican dish we serve at our house, whether it's with enchiladas or tostadas, or with steak and black beans. This classic Mexican-style Spanish Rice (also called arroz rojo) has all the crucial elements: tomato (in the form of tomato sauce), onion, garlic, and of course, rice. We opted for garlic powder for ease. FULL RECIPE BELOWSpanish rich is the perfect accompaniment to Mexican foods and makes for a wonderful side dish.
Spanish rice instructions
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat..
- add garlic and onions, cook until tender, about 5 minutes..
- Mix rice into skillet, stirring often..
- When rice begins to brown, stir in chicken broth and salsa. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed.
Learn to cook it with us! Easy Spanish Rice, also called Mexican Rice, that tastes just like your favorite restaurant side dish with with an Spanish Rice (Mexican Rice). Despite it being called "Spanish Rice", the name is only used in the United States. It is a common side dish used for Mexican food. It is made out of white rice, tomatoes, garlic, onions, and broth.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!