Wagyu Hot Italian Sausage & Garden Tomato Pasta.
You can have Wagyu Hot Italian Sausage & Garden Tomato Pasta using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wagyu Hot Italian Sausage & Garden Tomato Pasta
- Prepare 1 PACKAGE of Double 8 Cattle Company Hot Italian Sausage.
- Prepare 1 LB of Dry Cavatappi Pasta (cooked per package instructions to al dente).
- It’s 1 PT of Cherry Tomatoes (halved).
- You need 1 of Sweet Onion (julienned).
- Prepare 1/2 CUP of Sherry Wine.
- It’s 2 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Grapeseed Oil.
- It’s of Basil Leaves (chiffonade, to garnish).
- You need of Garden Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 8-10 of Large Garden Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet Onion (cut into large chunks).
- You need 10 of Large Garlic Cloves (smashed).
- It’s 4 SPRIG of Fresh Oregano.
- It’s 1/2 CUP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus additional for drizzling).
- It’s 1/4 CUP of Basil (chiffonade).
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s of Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste).
Wagyu Hot Italian Sausage & Garden Tomato Pasta step by step
- PREPARING THE GARDEN TOMATO SAUCE Preheat the oven to 425°F.Score the large garden tomatoes through the top/core, making an “x” through the skin of the tomato.Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.Add the sweet onion pieces, smashed garlic cloves, and sprigs of fresh oregano to the baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil over the tomatoes. Sprinkle the red pepper flakes over the tray, and season everything with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper..
- Transfer the tomato and garlic mixture to a stainless steel pan on the stove. Cook on low for 45 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add in the chiffonade basil, and season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE, ONIONS, AND TOMATOESHeat a large stainless steel sauté pan with a small amount of grapeseed oil. Once hot, add the Fullblood Wagyu hot Italian sausage in chunks. While the hot Italian sausage is browning, break up the large pieces with a wooden spoon. Once the Fullblood Wagyu sausage is cooked, remove it will a slotted spoon and place it on a plate. Set the meat aside.Leave the Wagyu fat in the pan on the heat..
- Add the julienned sweet onions and kosher salt to the pan. Start to caramelize the onions. Once the onions start to brown, add the sherry cooking wine. With the wooden spoon, scrape the bottom of the pan to get up any of the delicious bits. Cook the onions for 10 minutes longer or until all of the wine is absorbed and the onions are caramelized..
- Take the pan off the heat, and add the freshly ground black pepper and cherry tomatoes to the pan. Add the Fullblood Wagyu hot Italian sausage back to the pan. This is your hot Italian sausage and tomato mixture.
- PREPARING THE PASTA Cook the dry cavatappi pasta to al dente according to the package instructions (usually takes 9-12 minutes to cook/boil in salted water).
- FINAL STEPS Toss the cooked pasta with the warm garden tomato sauce.Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Portion the pasta onto plates, and top with the Fullblood Wagyu hot Italian sausage and tomato mixture. Garnish with chiffonade basil leaves, and serve warm. Enjoy!.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!