Spanish Crema Catalana.
You can have Spanish Crema Catalana using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spanish Crema Catalana
- Prepare 300 ml of Milk.
- You need 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- It’s 4 of Egg yolks.
- You need 50 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of few drops Vanilla essence.
- You need 2 tbsp of Corn starch.
- You need 1 of fruit worth Lemon or orange zest (unwaxed).
- You need 3 tbsp of ●Brown sugar (soft light brown sugar, light brown sugar, or other sugar of your choice).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ●Cinnamon powder.
Spanish Crema Catalana instructions
- Combine the milk, cream, and zest (peeled into large strips) in a pan and heat (but don't bring to a boil)..
- Combine the sugar, corn starch, and egg yolks in a bowl and mix with a whisk. Add a few drops of vanilla essence..
- Add the milk mixture from Step 1 to the mixture from Step 2 a little at a time. Strain everything through a tea strainer and return it to the pan..
- Turn on the heat once more and keep stirring the mixture until it thickens..
- Pour the mixture into small cocottes or small cazuela dishes. Mix the ingredients marked with ● together and sprinkle evenly over the surface of the custard..
- Using a small kitchen blowtorch, or by positioning the dishes directly under the top grill of a preheated toaster oven (with the setting on only the top heat elements), bake the surface of the dessert until the sugar caramelizes..
- Once cooled, chill in the fridge for a few hours..
- It's ready. This dessert goes great with coffee..
- How to serve: After you've prepared the custard, pour it into the individual dishes and chill in the fridge. Make the caramel layer just before you are ready to serve..
- Prepared this way, you can enjoy an even thicker custard. Chilled custard also has a slightly different, yet still delicious flavour..
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!