Spanish Omelet Recipe I Learned From a Spaniard.
You can cook Spanish Omelet Recipe I Learned From a Spaniard using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish Omelet Recipe I Learned From a Spaniard
- It’s 3 of to 4 Eggs.
- You need 2 large of Potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 5 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
Spanish Omelet Recipe I Learned From a Spaniard step by step
- Finely chop the onion into about 1 cm cubes..
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil and fry the onion slowly over low heat until golden. Use a generous amount of oil to "simmer" rather than frying..
- While the onion is "simmering", cut the potatoes into cubes. ※ Do not soak the potatoes in water. This is important!.
- Add the potatoes from Step 3 into the skillet and mix with onion briefly. Cover and braise them in the oil. ※ Cook it over low heat also..
- Meanwhile, crack and beat the eggs in a large bowl..
- Open the lid occasionally and stir the potatoes and onions, season them slightly strongly with salt and pepper, and cover again. Repeat this process for about 5 minutes..
- Once the potatoes are tender, add the ingredients from Step 6 into the beaten eggs and stir lightly. ※ Remove excess oil if there is too much..
- Return the mixture from Step 7 into the skillet, cover and cook it for about 5 minutes. The eggs will puff up. ※ The heat should still be low..
- Once the bottom side is cooked, cover the skillet with a large plate. Grab the handle of the skillet from the bottom and flip it quickly to transfer the omelet onto the plate. The cooked side should be on top now..
- The non-cooked side should be on the bottom, so slide it back to the skillet. Cover and cook the bottom side. ※ Still on low heat..
- Cook it for about 3 minutes or until golden brown and it is done -✩.
- ※ The secret to flipping the omelet is to grab the handle of the skillet from the bottom, cover the skillet tightly with a plate and flip it all at once ✩.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!